The SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator can replace different kind of floppy disk drive and allows you use SDCard media instead of floppy disk. This emulator is actually used on Amiga, Atari, CPC, Spectrum, MSX, PC computers, different keyboards and samplers, CNC machine tool, and scientist instruments.
This REV C version has a white LCD display built-in and 3 buttons to select disk images and it is suitable for all computers models and hardware compatible. Also you can use the comfortable On Screen Display Software for Atari ST, Amstrad CPC and Amiga Computers.
The full list of supported host computer/instruments are on the project website:
For questions and new host support request :
• HE10 34 pins floppy connector :
• Shugart compatible mode supported.
• PC compatible mode supported.
• Tested on PC, Atari ST, Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Thomson, MSX, ZX Spectrum series computers.
• Two floppy disk drives emulation
• 5V +/- 10% standard power floppy connector input.
• 1 LED - SDCard access LED .
• 1 button MULTIFUNCTIONAL
• 1 audio transducer.
• On screen display software for Atari ST, Amstrad CPC and Amiga Computers
• SD Card up to 2GB.
• SDHC Card supported up to 32GB.
• (10Mhz SPI bus mode. Average byterate: ~500KB/s)
• FAT32 supported. Subdirectory and long name file supported.
List of supported file images type:
• ST, MSA, ADF, ADZ, DMZ, CPC DSK (standard and extended)
• CopyQM DSK, Oric DSK, IMG, SMC,MSX DSK, IMD, Zx Spectrum DSK, BetaDisk TRD,
• BetaDisk SCL, Thomson TO8D SAP, Thomson TO8D FD, PC88 D88, x68000 HDM (beta), x68000 XDF (beta), • custom raw floppy geometry…
• An AmigaDOS or FAT12 floppy disk image can also be generated from spares files.
Read / Write support:
• Track mode based floppy emulator (Full track pre-encoded in the HFE image file)
• Read support: Most of existing formats (FM/MFM/Amiga track...) supported.
• Custom tracks supported.
• Write support:ISO MFM/DD 256/512/1024Bytes sector write supported.
• Write support: ISO FM /SD 128/256/512/1024Bytes sector write supported.
• Amiga Write support (Since the Rev.C Hardware)
• E-mu (Emulator I / II /SP1200) Write support (Since the Rev.C Hardware)
Floppy bitrate supported:
• 250/300Kbits/s (DD floppies)
• 500Kbits/s (HD floppies)
• (others bitrates possible)
Note : Variable bitrate not supported. So protected floppy disk image (IPF and STX file format) file support will be only partial ! If you look for a device supporting IPF / STX please a have a look to the USB HxC Floppy Emulator device)
Note2 : SD CARD NOT INCLUDED
The SD HxC Floppy Emulator is tested with a lot of different models of SD Cards, and should works properly with all SD Cards present on the market. Unfortunately there are lots of fake/bad flash medias (SD Cards/CF Cards/USB keys...) on the market. So we recommend you to care about the SD Card selection and also choose a good provider.