Mediator PCI 1200 TX Black Edition. New version of Mediator TX has the additional logic for signalizing the power management states. The Mediator PCI 1200 TXblack red LED indicates when PCI cards cannot be removed or inserted. The solder mask of this Mediator is black.
Mediator PCI 1200 TX Black includes a busboard with six PCI slots for towerised Amiga 1200. You will be able to connect Graphic cards, sound cards, USB controllers, and Ethernet controllers. All them are available as option on this page.
The Mediator PCI 1200 TX is designed to enable expansion of towerised Amiga 1200 with a wide range of high-performance, low-cost PCI cards. The busboard is compatible with AmigaOS 3.x and AmigaOS 4.1 Classic.
The Radeon Graphic card includes 128MB of the fast DDR400 SDRAM memory. Up to 250 MB of on-board SDRAM memory can be used in all Mediator models as Amiga system memory! Also the Radeon 9200 produces the sharpest possible graphics and video imagery. It is the fastest gfx card for the Classic Amiga.
New firmware embedded in CPLDs of MEDIATOR 1200 TX allows significant speed-up of graphic card operations when hardware 2D and 3D acceleration is used in single-processor systems (68k or PPC).
Mediator 1200 TX Black features:
• 6 PCI slots (PCI 2.2 compatible)
• Power Management Interface
• 66/33MHz PCI clock (transfer rate up to 264MB/s)
• 32-bit PCI datapath
• 4GB PCI memory space
• Busmastering/DMA in all PCI slots
• SDRAM/SGRAM of PCI gfx card as a fast DMA buffer
• Interrupt controller (4 lines to each PCI card)
• AT and ATX PSU connectors
• Compatibility with 68030/040/060 and PPC turbo cards
• Fits in any A1200 in D-BOX, E/BOX (Power, Winner), EZ-Z4, Infinitiv, X-Treme tower
• 2D graphic drivers for: Radeon 9200, Voodoo5, Voodoo4, Voodoo3, Voodoo Banshee,
• S3 Virge and S3 Virge DX PCI graphic cards
• Warp 3D drivers working with Voodoo5, Voodoo4 and Voodoo3 graphic cards
• TV tuner drivers for: most of available PCI TV tuners (over 100 models supported)
• AHI sound drivers for: Sound Blaster 4.1 Digital, Sound Blaster 128 and
• ForteMedia FM801-based sound cards (e.g. Terratec 512i Digital)
• USB drivers for the Poseidon stack for: Spider and Spider II USB 2.0 cards
• Network Sana-2 drivers for: Fast Ethernet 100Mbps PCI cards
• Network Sana-2 drivers for: Ethernet 10Mbps PCI cards
• 3rd party drivers for available: SCSI controllers, Parallel ports, GUI interfaces for TV tuners (1) (2).
For other 3rd party Mediator software, see the VGR' Mediator Website. The last update for the Mediator Multimedia CD available here.
• Mediator PCI 1200 TX busboard
• Mediator Multimedia CD
• User's Manual
ATI Radeon 9200 128MB features:
ATI Radeon 9200/128MB gfx card with analogue VGA and digital DVI outputs for all Mediator models. Radeon 9200 produces the sharpest possible graphics and video imagery. It is the fastest gfx card for the Classic Amiga.
The gfx card based on the Radeon 9200 (RV280/M9+) chipset with digital DVI (HDMI compatible) and analogue VGA outputs. It works with last Mediator models.
The card includes 128MB of the fast DDR400 SDRAM memory.
Starting from pci.library ver. 9.7 up to 250 MB of on-board SDRAM memory can be used in all Mediator models as Amiga system memory!
• 128-bit 2D and 3D Multimedia Accelerator
• 128MB DDR400 SDRAM memory
• DVI-D output, can be converted to a HDMI output using a DVI-to-HDMI adapter
• VGA output
• 400MHz integrated RAMDAC for refresh rates up to 200Hz
• Resolution up to 2048x1536x32@85Hz
Software: OneThe Mediator Radeon driver for the P96 gfx system is available at the Mediator PCI Software page.
Requirements: One free PCI slot.
Sound Blaster 128 PCI 4.1 features (optional):
PCI Sound card for any Amiga with the Mediator PCI busboard. With 8- and 16-bit mono and stereo playback and 16-bit stereo recording plus user-selectable sampling rates from 5kHz to 48kHz, the Sound Blaster 4.1 Digital produces precise audio fidelity.
Two independent stereo DACs allow simultaneous playbacking of two stereo PCM channels.
• PCI DMA sound card
• 8- and 16- bit mono and stereo recording and playback
• HiFi 18-bit AC'97 Codec used
• Full-Duplex (recording and playback)
• Very small CPU overhead; SB4.1 Digital works as PCI busmaster
• User-selectable sample rating from 5kHz to 48kHz
• 3D surround sound effects
• Two independent stereo DACs
• Inputs (external): Line In, Microphone
• Inputs (internal): CD_In, AUX_IN, TAD_In
• Outputs: Line_Out, TAD_Out
Mixer: Every signal is processed and mixed with a 16-bit digital audio engine for high quality. All inputs can be mixed together. It is possible to record from all the inputs simultaneously. The volume and balance can be changed independently for each input and output.
Software: The Mediator AHI drivers for the Sound Blaster 4.1 Digital sound card are included in the Mediator Multimedia CD. These drivers support the following Mediator models: Mediator PCI 3/4000T, Mediator PCI 4000Di, Mediator PCI 4000D, Mediator PCI 4000,Mediator PCI 3000D, Mediator PCI 3000Di, Mediator PCI 1200TX, Mediator PCI 1200SX, Mediator PCI 1200LT4, Mediator PCI 1200LT2 , Mediator PCI 1200 and Mediator PCI ZIV.
Spider II USB 2.0 features (optional):
5-Port USB 2.0 Hi-Speed PCI card for any Amiga equipped with the Mediator PCI busboard. The Spider II USB 2.0 PCI card provides a simple and affordable way to add five Hi-Speed USB ports to your computer (Amiga, PC or Mac). The Spider II USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 5-Port PCI controller is backward-compatible, which means it works also with older USB 1.1 peripherals.
• Four external and one internal USB 2.0 Hi-Speed ports
• One EHCI (Enhanced Host Controller Interface) controller
• Two independent OHCI (Open Host Controller Interface) controllers
• Compliant with EHCI, OHCI and PCI 2.2 standards
• Compatible with both USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices
• All ports can handle high-speed, full-speed and low-speed transaction
• Supports up to 127 downstream USB devices
• Supplies 500 mA power to each USB port
• Supports PCI-Bus Power Management Interface
• Based on the newest NEC chipset
• Includes drivers for AmigaOS for the Mediator busboards and Amithlon
• Amiga support works under the Poseidon stack v.4.x
Requirements: One free PCI slot and the Mediator Multimedia CD (for Mediator based systems)
The package contents: Spider II USB 2.0 Hi-Speed PCI card and a CD with Mediator and Amithlon EHCI (USB 2.0) and OHCI (USB 1.1) drivers for Poseidon 4.x
Note: The Poseidon USB Stack is a software solution that unleashes the possibilities of the Universal Serial Bus (USB) and the devices with USB interface, ranging from mice, keyboards, tablets, joysticks, printers, scanners, webcams, digicams, flash card readers, zip drives, floppy disk drives, harddisks, memory sticks, ethernet adapters, scanners and audio adapters to less common things like power supplies, GPS location devices or finger print readers.
Fast Ethernet 10/100 Mbps (optional):
PCI Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbps card for any Amiga with the Mediator PCI busboard.
• 10Mb/s and 100Mb/s operations
• Support for 10Mb/s and 100Mb/s N-way Auto-negotiation operation
• Half/Full duplex capability
• Support for Full Duplex Flow Control (IEEE 802.3x)
• 10/100Base-TX compliant - PCI bus master data transfer capability
• Two large (2Kbyte) independent receive and transmit FIFOs
• Descriptor-based buffer management
• LED indicators for various network activity monitoring
Software: The Mediator Sana-2 (rev.3) Fast Ethernet drivers for Amiga network programs (like: Genesis, Miami, MiamiDX, AmiTCP/IP, Envoy, Samba) are included in the Mediator Multimedia CD. These drivers support the following Mediator models: Mediator PCI 3/4000T, Mediator PCI 4000Di, Mediator PCI 4000D, Mediator PCI 4000, Mediator PCI 3000D, Mediator PCI 1200SX, Mediator PCI 1200 and Mediator PCI ZIV.